B.O.A.T.S : 2 x EKATERINA KOROTEVA x FATHER FAILED






I learnt to stop being disappointed in the father that doesn’t make an effort

I learnt to become a pessimist

I learnt to grow up, not ask questions that hurt people and smile through trying times..

I learnt to be fine with the time people are willing to give you

You would think it’s a mother that would be blamed for not being there enough,

After all it’s the mother’s love that really counts

But my mum, that woman is a gee, a great and amazing woman

A strong woman..

You can call her my source of strength

From heaven, she could have only come from God!

That woman, my mum is a freaking GEE

That woman lacks the ability to be bitter

That woman never for once since my childhood ever sow any distasteful seed about my father

But that man…that man takes his blessings for granted

He got blessed with great kids who as far as I know learnt how to love and accept each other personally

Who met on Facebook but still grew and developed real love for one another…

My father failed me...

I can’t remember him ever calling me first..

Not even only about calling first but calling randomly,

 To ask how I was doing

I’m a stranger in my father’s life

He thinks money N10,000is his presence

He thinks money N50,000 can buy love or sow love

I loved my father and he took it for granted...

He managed to sow some seed in me though,

He sowed the seed of distrust

Distrusting all guys I meet

He sowed the seed of over analyzing

Analyzing every guys intention

He sowed the seed of affirmation

I have countlessly prayed that I don’t marry a man like my father


My father failed me mainly because he doesn’t value his blessings


What do you think a child wants?

What do you think a girl wants?

What do you think a boy wants?

What do you think parents want?

What do you think wives and husbands want?

All they want is love…

Whether in hunger, in strive, in pain or while crying

All they want is love

All we want is love…

My father failed me…

Those empty promises that I waited for that would have meant everything

Those special preferences he made

Those constant discrimination and recognition he gave

That lack of love that a weaker child would seek in other men…


Yes! I said it

Weak might sound wrong but look at yourself or friends that lack fatherly love

Some can’t stay single and others like me don’t date except they feel it’s perfect..

It scares my mum…

You wonder why I’m tailored the way I am

You asked me to write B.O.A.T.S

Here it is…

I’m scared of loving the wrong guy

I don’t want a man that will fail my kids even if he fails me

I don’t want to have children who would not take leaps of faith in love...

I don’t want a man who will not think of his own kids…

No one should have to go or grow like that

A lot of single mothered children go through this

I’m sorry if I hurt anyone by writing this

But yes I’m hurt, I was hurt

And truly my father failed me…

He might not be the worse out there

Obviously there are worse men

But he took his blessings for granted…

And that my dear is failure to me..

Don’t! Don’t! Please don’t take blessings for granted…

Don’t start what you don’t want..

Don’t father children you won’t love

Or show you love

Don’t let your child say you failed them

Whether they were born by mistake

Or by a woman you don’t love

Don’t! Don’t! Please don’t fail your children!

  



This guys is B.O.A.T.S !
ARTIST: Amazing watercolor illustrations of the star signs by Berlin-based graphic designer and illustrator Ekaterina Koroleva.
 I love the saggy and capri sign, I might be biased though since I fall under both..
WORDS: MAKO DESOLA OLUWAKEMI 
x
D

8 comments

  1. Oh this made me tear up! I'm so proud of your mommy! It is very hard for a child to function knowing all of these. BUT you are definitely a product of a strong woman. Sometimes some people are incapable of love because of on-dealt issues and its painful to force it

    The biggest way to resonate it though is to give love even when it is rejected constantly or not returned. you'll be so much far from feeling empty

    You are beautiful and capable of love. One thing you should remember is not to allow this to stop you from opening your arms to sincere and willing hearts that want to love, that where God comes in. As much as no one can replace that role of a father. God can and it is only more beautiful when you receive it!

    Cheers to your mom, like mine, and amazingly strong mother! They rock! "Iya, orisha nkan bi o , kosi laye" if you understand yoruba :-D

    Stay blessed and beautiful
    XX

    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun its been 12 days since this comment and I just finally got the strength to thank you for this amazing comment.
      It took me a while to realize that giving love and not getting it back doesn't make one week and everyday I remind myself that every change starts with oneself.
      may God bless you and your mum real good.
      thanks.x

      Delete
  2. REALLY LOVE THE ARTWORKS :)
    I'm Capricorn :)
    Would u like to check out my blog?

    xx
    http://overloadstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Capricorn too..would definitely stop by...thanks

      Delete
  3. Love the artworks !!, just joined your site too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weldon my dear friend. I wish I had read this earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x