FLF X TREND REPORT X INSPIRATION = MULES

 hey guys
yes FLF: fashion lingo Friday is back
 I love fashion lingo Fridays because its educative as well as inspiring.
 

today we are talking shoes, MULES to be precise.

Growing up mules were often worn by older people, (even though I had a red low heeled one I wore with everything) and were mostly referred to as half-shoes or half-slippers at least in Nigeria, but now I know that the appropriate name is MULES.

Mule, a French word, is a style of shoe that is backless and often closed-toed. Mules can be any heel height - from flat to high. The style is predominantly (but not exclusively) worn by women. High-heeled mules were a popular indoor shoe style of the 18th century, influenced by the patten, a backless overshoe of the 16th century. By the early twentieth century, mules were often associated with prostitutes. (this I find funny).
In the early 1950s, Marilyn Monroe popularized the shoe helping break its poor reputation.
Mules experienced some popularity in the 1950s and early 1960s, and were seen in 1970s almost exclusively in the form of open-back Scandinavian clogs, but then re-emerged in the early 1990s, especially in its open-toed form (the "slide"), and began to dominate the shoe market for women.





seeing mules a relic of the ’50s everywhere from luxury shops to street styles to runways, I was a bit hesitant about its return since many of the styles used to look a bit too Blossom, but I’m happy to report mules have undergone a complete 'downtown-inspired' transformation. Thanks to fashion evolution, the modern mule is now attractive, versatile and stylish as illustrated on the spring runway of fashion powerhouses, Louis Vuitton and Miu Miu.







  I know what you’re thinking, mules?! Oh yes, mules!









The key to staying on trend is to keep in fitting with the colors and textures of the spring season –search for mules in pastels, metallic or leather and pair them with your everyday ensemble. If you’re headed to the office, pair mules with trousers or with skirts and dresses that hit right above or below the knee. The heels are high enough to present a chic, modern look but they’re not too high which ensures your feet, and you, are comfortable and happy throughout that 9-5 shift. For a casual weekend, complement mules with slightly cropped or rolled-up jeans paired with a t-shirt or a blouse and blazer. You’ll look sophisticated yet laidback. And if you’re on holiday, mules can make for the ideal footwear as they are easy to slip into and out of, so we won’t judge if you feel like carrying your shoes for an hour or two while walking barefoot…you’re on vacation, we understand!
Lastly, because mules have open-backed heels, be sure to purchase the correct size by trying on shoes in-store. Mules won’t look good if they are too big or too small, so search for a pair whose back edge lines up evenly with that of your heel, and stand and walk around to ensure they fit perfectly and comfortably without slipping off. And once you’ve found your ideal mules, you can once again belong to the world of stylexpressionist which I don't belong in now..













I'm hoping I find a perfect and ideal pair for myself soon if not...
then nothing is going to happen..lool
don't be a mule...wear one
xoxo
D


4 comments

  1. Great post!! from a shoe whore lol. Great info too :)


    www.Infashionrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy I could cater to you.x

      Delete
  2. Amazing shoes!! :)

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where do you follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

    Love
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x