FASHION DAY OUT!!!



some of us...

planning committee

team monochrome...winning team

team disco puff puff - third position

team regal- second position

team inscribed - fourth position





team leaders choosing materials






hello,
like i mentioned in my last post i and a couple of people (chidi of lexash, Demola Mako of Makography, mide coker, kachi of black faboulousity, cassie of cassiedaves and millicent of millare fashion) came together to plan and organize the first of many fashion day out for young creatives.
it was on sunday the 11th, the dresscode was ECLECTIC RETRO and it was a picnic/hangout setting.
the event was timed for 11am but people didn't show up till about 3.30pm, which got me fidgeting at some point...our Nigerian time mentality is epic and should be worked on and changed.
the idea was for everyone to bring something to the table and i'm super thankful that everyone did, we had so much to eat, sandwiches, chips, biscuits, snacks,drinks, wines, ice cream, sweets, punch and about 7 cakes. i can't even say enough thank you to everyone who came with something.
when we finally got started, i got everyone to introduce themselves and share what they will change in Nigeria if they were in a position of power for one day, this question gave birth to a lot of hilarious answers that made me laugh my butt off.
we moved on to discussing issues that we face as creatives and bloggers, covering topics like replying of comments, getting sponsorship and even getting paid for services rendered.
my best part of the picnic was the fashion show, we had everyone split into 4 groups ( disco puff puff, monochrome, regal, inscribed ) we had the group leaders pick some materials to design a look, the materials included some makeup, pins, polythene nylon, tulle, scizzors, belts and ribbons.
the result of the four groups can be seen above in the pictures.
why this was the highest point of the event for me was Team Monochrome actually named their design after me and they won the competition. everyone had fun and at a point i was practically rolling on the floor.
Also no one had an accent at this event unlike alot of fashion events that we attend.
Everyone built friendships that i hope will last forever.
see you at the next one if you missed it and if you have ideas for the next one mail me at Makodesola@yahoo.com or on instagram @dee_mako
XO
post signature

10 comments

  1. LOL at no one formed accents
    Getting paid for services rendered is a serious issue o, wondering what people had to say about that.
    Eyah, it looks like it was lots of fun, when is the next one?

    http://www.tukesquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what I missed ooo, I look forward to the next one sha.
    Dee I forgot to mention I don't eat biscuits and I got quite a lot of them so u berra show ur face n chop all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock!!!!!!!!!!

    P.S - I love how you grouped the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very ugly picture of me sha but I forgive you

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone looks so cool, I don't see a pic of you though *sighs*
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such a fun event and the turn out was very impressive. I love the fashion challenge you guys had and those cakes look(ed) so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great event it was... My forehead thoπŸ™ˆ Thank you to the organising committee, you guys are awesome πŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Dee πŸ˜™
    themortalscript.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun! fun!! fun!!! cant wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. had so much fun...
    largerthanlife.com.ng

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x