HAIRSTYLE REVIEW : YARN TWISTS








Hair Style: YARN TWIST


Attachment type: Baby Wool / Yarn

Colour: Black

Price: N60 - N100 per piece

Amount: 11 pieces

Stylist Charge: N2000 negotiated to N1700

Total Cost: 2500

Duration: 3hrs


Overall:


I seriously fell in love with the yarn movement earlier this year and i had been stuck on deciding the right time to do it, but just like every interesting moment, i made the decision to get this style in about 10mins.
I had my hair made on the 1st of November, it was the date for my PGD examinations in Unilag, i didn't get the information that it was post-poned until i got there.
i left home so early that day, at about 6am, just to find out the crappy news, i always knew that unilag doesn't like me..lol.
Well after spending time at my friend's hostel, joining her workout group,taking a bath and napping, i decided to visit the hairdresser.


About two weeks before then, i stopped by at the market to buy the yarn in anticipation (i always buy hair products once i have some cash), it costs about #300 for 8 pieces.

When i got to the saloon, it was a little hard deciding if i wanted to twist, wrap or braid the yarn but after a little research, i decided on twisting it.
other decisions I made include;
  • Colour of the yarn: its imperative to decide on this before hand so you don't have conflicting ideas, i wanted black and brown or something close to wine or gold but they didn't have any other colour than black in the 'Baby yarn wool" so i went all black leaving my natural hair to add the colour.

  • width: the size is very important, you need to decide if you want it to look like big braids or not, this decision also affects its overall weight and the amount of wool you would use.

  • Length: unlike attachments that can be cut into two, three or four lengths, the yarn's length is very flexible and very much depends on the length you choose to roll out and cut and for this the sky is your limit or ground is your limit.

  • finishing; i have always hated the idea of not so clean ends or even burnt ends (which is a must for wools if you want them to last), it came as a relieve when i found out that it could also be wrapped/whipped at the ends too. 

The hair took me a little over three hours and i had a stylist join to finish the ends at the last hour cause i was in a hurry.

I also had to buy more wool at the saloon which made the number go up to 11 pieces.


PROS:

  • It gives a nice Bob marley effect.
  • Easiest hair i have made.
  • weighs lighter than normal synthetic weave attachments.
  • Not painful when being made.

CONS:

  • Conducts Heat...lol (though this can be solved by carrying a scarf in your bag that you can use to tie it up when you are alone, driving, jumping bus, watching tv or about to sleep.
  • Can make you lazy; it simplicity and easiness is like that of carrying dreads so you might just be like me and keep one packing style for almost two weeks.
  • it can be washed, but if you don't have to don't. it gets really heavy when you make it wet for obvious reasons and you have to sit under the drier but its possible.

NOTE:

It has been two weeks and 4 days since i got this hair, its still really neat and i still wear it in this middle parting. 
i love how its black and brings out my eyes and the way when its scarfed everyone thinks i'm south african..lol. (p.s: this is not a joke everyone thinks i'm mixed raced or is it half cast..alot of people have also said i look South African too)
this is definitely one of top 5 of my recommended hairstyles for both naturalista and permedistas,
its your go to protective hair style. 


 I hope this helps you guys that are looking to get a new hairstyle, for those of you that have tried it before, what did you do differently or do you have any other information to share? Please kindly let me know in the comments.
xo
post signature

11 comments

  1. I like the hair on you, but not sure I can wear this look I can't sit that long oo
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was literarily begged to take down the yarn twist. I usually do not have my hair for so long but this one served its purpose and even over did it sef.
    I love that it didn't itch one bit, didn't smell and was so easy to maintain although my front hair was the sacrifice for this sha.
    It looks really good on you and I love the centre part styele.

    damiesdiary.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great! So pretty!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lot of hard work, but it looks fab on you!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que linda amei o look esta perfeito arrasou com os cabelos,
    Curta e siga o meu canal e TSU
    https://www.youtube.com/user/NekitaReis
    TSU: https://www.tsu.co/Nequeren

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really good on you. Does it feel as heavy as regular braids or lighter?

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the whole look; your hair and also the outfit.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a cute look. I know if I wasn't locked, I would have done this hair style as well. Really cool review.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a lover of yarn(still am) too and I love the twists!!
    www.officialfantasy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it on you!! Very cute! I had done some Marley/Havana Twist a couple months back that looked very similar

    www.Mahogany-Closet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really neat.
    What about takeout?
    Did you loose any hair? How easy was it to loosen ?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x