New Year! New Me!

 


New year, New me or whatever else they say on New Years day.

I'm going all cliche this year, can you tell???

Since the last time we met, I started a new job, got new certifications and moved abroad for a masters degree.

Ultimately, SO MUCH SH*T HAS HAPPENED TO ME.

I've had so much to say and so much to share but writing has eluded me for the past few years. Furthermore, the more I grow older the more I crave my privacy.

This desire to keep my thoughts mine and my life mine probably stems from this generations need for overexposure and clout. I don't get it and it scares me.

Nevertheless I am here.

I have so much to share but I wanted to document my biggest lesson for 2022 before it eludes me.

Tonight while I flooded the ice rink where I am currently working a night shift, I remembered crying heavily on the 31st and sharing my struggles with my mum and she crying it with me. I remembered being sad a day to Christmas as well because I couldn't get a shift I wanted. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me that he makes every pain an opportunity for more for me.

I cried because I felt misunderstood but because of that, I was distinguished and where I thought I lost a shift I gained one that paid me twice more.

In 2022, God really raised people for me, when I felt truly alone, God raised family to help me and when I felt lost, he raised strangers to come through for me.

he put my head above waters and made my face shine at my job and found a way to still be my provider, protector and guide and in this knowing I take charge of 2023.

And although a lot of my posts would be about integrating into life as an immigrant in the UK and the learning and relearning of cultures. It was important to start this year anchored on God's part in this journey.

SHALOM!

Post a Comment

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x