Hey You! Bye You!




Hey you, 

We found our way here again!

You and I, here right now just like old times.


It’s been so long but I am here now.

I wanted to share this on Instagram, but it felt too random.

Instagram wouldn’t understand this journey the way you would.

This is truly a full circle moment. 

I started here and it felt only right to end it here and restart here as well.


I finally did it, it took me over seven years, but I finally found myself.

I found my voice, I forgave myself while at it; for failing, I showed myself empathy and I am finally free.

Alone like always but not lonely.


This is it. 

This is what you hoped for me. 

This is how you saw me, 

and this is me finally seeing myself.



On December 2nd, 2013 I started my career as an impressionable young lady and that journey has truly changed my life.

It’s funny now that I look back, how my job has been the most constant thing in my life in the past few years.

So far  I have experienced 4 apartments, 4 job roles, 2 cars, many friends and lovers, countless events, hobbies, businesses, courses, several vacations, planner productions, relationships, tears, joys and numerous heartaches yet this one workplace has remained.


On May 24th this year 2021, A few days after receiving a job offer from a new workplace I officially resigned.

It was indeed one of the most bittersweet experiences of my life. 

This is the job that accepted me when I felt unsure, gave me hope, took away my hope, made me sad, left me stuck, gave me purpose, allow me be bullied, gave me a career path, taught me confrontation, found me a family and then presented me a voice and allowed me soar.

It’s like they say, Life is what happens when you are busy making plans.

I spent some time resenting this job and feeling so unsure and hopeless but I persevered and survived. I remember the years I spent crying because I just didn’t feel like I mattered, I didn’t feel like I was adding value. I remember climbing the roof top of my office building of 5yrs (Burham building) and crying while on the phone with friends. It honestly feels like decades ago but it's been only 2yrs plus, one year out of that we spent in the pandemic.

I’m entirely grateful to everyone I met on this Job, Harry, Christos, Stanley, Olukoya, Seun, Engr Festus & Nwogu, the technical team and the marketing team, Temz, Taye, Bose, Chi-pompin, Babz, Rita, Foluke and by extension the sales team.

I’m extremely grateful for Rolake, for being the toughest person I ever worked with but for teaching me the most. I remember us getting into a rift and you shouting across the table "I will be damned if I don't push you to your full potential". Deep down I was so fed up and told myself I was trying my very best already but I guess for the first time someone else saw that I wasn’t as confident in myself like everyone else thought.

I’m also grateful for Harry, for constantly telling me I am more than where I am, and that I could be anything, I’m grateful for you trusting me with my own projects, Managing Sunti projects gave me a purpose and a good foundation. I would always cherish all the vacation pictures of Greece you showed me, the islands and all the stories you shared. You were the first adult that treated me like an equal and that made me feel welcome. I still miss you.

I’m grateful for everyone else, I can’t elaborate on all the lessons I learnt from each and everyone of you but they are so many. A lot of you gave me the opportunity to be more, to do more, a lot of you gave me words of wisdom and encouragements that helped me navigate tough times.

Seun, you gave me friendship, unwavering, untarnished, ever supportive and very bankable friendship. I sincerely appreciate you for this. I could always be honest with you because you were and are always there for me unconditionally. When I think about it, beyond family, prior to you I never had anyone I could be certain would always come through for me like you do.

To FMN, not every part of you has treated me well. In the beginning, I was constantly victimized, my personality and nonconformity was too much for you to handle and for a minute you cobbed me and I forgot who I truly was. Yet it was you that made me who I am, it was you that gave me Marketing, that gave me Heartdictions, that gave me successes I could never have dreamt of, You gave me overall best student in Orange, best project in BMA, success in my P.GD and these accomplishments reaffirmed who I truly am. You gave me true friendships and true allies. You developed so many skills in me, and my journey with you taught me patience, long-suffering, persistence and confidence above all else. So I thank you for that. I know I spent so long with you that I stopped being visible or at least I started to feel as though you didn’t see me. So even though I loved all you did for me, Ironically, I felt like you were telling me it was time to pack my bags and move on to someone else who could see me the way I am now. So thank you for for 7years, 7 months and 22 days (2,791 days).

Bye You!

A new journey begins…



Post a Comment

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x