FEATURED: THE GLOWING COLOURS



we were featured!!!
Please you all should check out my interview with the glowing colours here.
they are an amazing site that helps showcase Africa and its people to the world.
here is an excerpts from the interview

Can you tell us about yourself and your blog?
Talking about myself is always a difficult task for me because there is so much to say and so little words to express them.
I’m a fashion enthusiast who is crazy about art and creativity. I studied architecture, presently getting a diploma in communications and I work in civil engineering. I also work as a freelance stylist and costume designer.
My blog THE ‘DEE’ MAKO is an extension of myself, my opinions and my style, it’s like a journal of what I’m about. It’s a life and style blog and I share my personal style, experiences, musings, reviews and some inspirations on there.
How would you describe your personal style?
I believe the word that best describes my style is Versatile, I feel like my body is a canvas and I’m allowed to paint myself however I feel, sometimes it might be quirky, Afrocentric, preppy, retro other times normcore, men inspired or even chic. Either way I make sure there is always a touch of me.
What made you decide to start blogging? 
The need to share and inspire.
 The need to do something with my skills.
The need to learn and grow.
Those are what made me start blogging, I stumbled into the fashion world by luck and chance and I was lucky to work with some of the best people, when I decided to leave and get regular and formal work, I needed to put all I had learnt and built into something, I needed to stay inspired and to inspire.
Why style, instead of gossip?
Apart from the fact that I like fashion and writing, I don’t like gossip blogs, I read some but I consider it a bad habit. I would rather inspire people positively than bring others down in the name of blogging.
What are some of your current fashion obsessions?
Mini bags, hats, sunglasses and men shoes.
On a bad hair day, what do you do? 
I do scarfs and sometimes wigs but most times scarfs do the magic.
Your skin regime consists of… 
Nothing. I know it’s shameful but I don’t even apply cream on my body, I wash my face once in a while and use baby oil when the weather is dry and my skin looks pale or white but beyond that. Nothing…
What is your style philosophy?
Once I feel good in them, the world will buy my vision.
What is the biggest challenge about fashion blogging?
Limited opportunities, this includes locations to shoot, photographers who share the dream, limited stores (that are based or deliver) in Nigeria, sponsorship and an impenetrable fashion industry.
A lot of the recognised fashion people in Nigeria either grew up outside the country, school outside the country, has friends who do or have some money.
Where do you see your blog in the next five years?
Widely recognised in and outside Africa, with a bigger fashion website, owning an office space and associated with at least a fashion TV show sharing advice and scoops.
What’s the biggest advice you have for an aspiring fashion blogger?
The first thing is you don’t need to be rich you just need good bargaining skills to become a fashion blogger, get your own camera and laptop it doesn’t have to be fancy.
Secondly, When it comes to blogging especially life and style blogging, you need to be true to yourself and identity and push self-doubt very far away from you. I always say that’s there isn’t really a physical measure for success. The key is to be content and happy.
LIKE DR. SEUSS said

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”


i also shared some secrets you all don't know and some of my inspirations,
read more here
thanks for having me glowing colours.
x

11 comments

  1. wow! congrats babe! many more features and interviews to come! xxx
    www.folasoasis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't afford not to be a fan of anyone who can quote Dr. Seuss so effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't afford not to be a fan of anyone who can quote Dr. Seuss so effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. You are so versatile it's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your feature!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done babes! This is great, you couldn't have answered the question "challenges about fashion blogging" better.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x