REVIEW: THE YELLOW CHILLI RESTAURANT

















RESTAURANT: 
THE YELLOW CHILLI

ADDRESS:
MAINLAND35, Joel Ogunaike Street. Ikeja
ISLAND 27, Oju Olobun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Lagos

 WHAT WE ATE: 
food
the chef combo platter with prawns & efo riro - N3,200
jollof rice fiesta - N3,500

Cocktails
tequila sunrise - N1,500
that milky thing i can't remember the name - N1,500

THE MENU:

cocktails: N1,200 - N1,500
soft drinks: N200 - N1,250
Beers: N350 - N800

appetizers: N1,650 - N3,150
(salads, prawns, isi-ewu,nkwobi, chicken wings, snails&pepper soup)

Nigerian menu: N2,200 - N3,300
specials: N2,200 - N3,300
out of Africa: N1,000 - N4,700
extras: N500 - N3000

VERDICT: 3.5 star
SERVICE: 2.5 star
 (because of their waiters & chauffeurs)


HELLO GUYS!
So one of my best kept secret is that i am a foodie, initially when i started this blog, even when i didn't have time to blog about fashion or my style, i would always have a post up about food.

on Sunday evening, i went on a blind date with a certain MR that claims he has a crush on me..lol.
he stalks me regularly on the blog, hence the reason why i dressed up like a lady.

After chatting about where to go, we finally decided on YELLOW CHILLI, the one in Ikeja GRA.
i had gone there years back when i worked with 53extra to shoot an episode but i can't remember if i ate their food.
so trust the foodie in me to hop on the opportunity to eat free food at a fancy restaurant.

It was raining when i got there, and the gate men seemed to be chasing the people that came in their cars not the girl in the cab, so i had to wait about 6 mins waving and hovering till i finally got an umbrella.

the interior is very beautiful and cozy and one of the best places you can go to for a date, they have different semi private spaces which make it more intimate.
we decided to sit close to the window, with the backyard in view. 
it is actually a very beautiful garden as you can see in the 8th picture above.

I enjoyed their meal but it seemed a bit too pricey or should i say too small.
Our first impression when we saw it was is that all, but the shrimps and snail was really worth it.

i made sure we got different things so we could share so at the end of the day we had half of each plate of food.

Also the waiters seemed a little distracted as we practically had to beg them for our receipts and they didn't have Cointreau for margarita.

all in all, i had so much fun laughing and chatting on this date.
it was actually a lot of fun and my date was such a gentleman.
that's all the gist you get to hear
x

i'm wearing dress by Kampke here
post signature

16 comments

  1. Is that all i was hoping for more information about the date had already gotten ny bowl of icecream in front of me.....its great though that you meet someone who appreciates you and your personality through the blog..I hope there will be more dates to come *wink* and no i dont like amebo :).
    Www.mstomie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaa...I'm sorry but you need to slot in a movie right now because that's all and yes there will be.

      Delete
  2. I got carried away by the date gist..the food looks amazing and the prices seem decent enough i think asong as the food tasted great thats all and please do a separate post for that outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was just there o and Yes there will be an outfit post.x

      Delete
  3. The restaurant looks good, I love the ambiance. The food though basic looks delicious. Considering a lot of the restaurant reviews I've seen so far, I'd day this restaurant is quite affordable. Your dress is cute and it was cool of your date to let you take some pictures, I don't think I would have been brave enough.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ambience is amazing and the food was just quite small. I'm usually the shy type but my date was cool.x

      Delete
  4. I had fried plantains yesterday. Its one of my favourite food. This food got me salivating - yummy!! Great review, but I'm cross you're holding information about your date. Lol!!
    You look very ladylike. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dodo as we call it is one of my favourite food too. Lool I'm sorry. Thanks miss.x

      Delete
  5. I see someone had a good time! ;)
    I've been planning on goin gto Yellow Chilli
    Very nice review

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why can't I see the MR's face tho? I love your dress it brought out your shape "a$$ & hip$" Lol. Cheers to more dates, the proposal date & more.

    www.adezeezee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review...
    ive had their food and its just there to me but ive never been there.
    I think their service to yo was a lil bit below standard from what you described(typical) but you still had fun cos of your date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes..exactly the food was just there.

      Delete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x