INSECURITY X IN SECURITY>>>CHOOSE 1






When it comes to insecurities, I have often wondered who is to blame for not feeling absolutely secure about ourselves, even the people that look like they don’t have insecurities, carry a trailer load about.

Having managed to learn to rise above my insecurities, sometimes it still creeps in on me telling me why I shouldn’t start a VLOG because maybe I don’t speak good enough English which I actually do.


I had always thought of myself as imperfect, I was always boyish, skinny and bony.

My voice always shock as early as my primary school days,

I was always more vocal than my friends and it brought along some controversies and drama and at some point I started to feel like a dead fish in a sea full of fresh fishes.

I can't remember ever being optimistic; my pessimistic side has always been right around the corner, constantly anticipating negativity;

Believing that friends will forget me, lovers will abandon me and my family will never understand me.


 
Physically, at some point it was my head that was too big, my forehead too obvious, my mouth too big and my smile too wide the pictures i took were constant reminders of all these!

My flat self, no breastsses! No ass! No hip! No waist! Little miss unattractive!


My big feet which even till now I sometimes feel insecure about.


I saw nothing in myself that could give me the boost I needed to survive in this superficial world,

Even aunties constantly reminded me how beautiful I was as a baby and how now I'm not 'more fine'


All those negativities the world screams in your ears,

All those lies that amount to nothing but tears,

All those constant voices that made me feel like I wasn't worth anything, which made me feel like I would amount to nothing!

All those insecure moments; staying silent in a corner; saying to myself! “Don’t say what you feel! You don’t want to be perceived as wrong or dumb or rude”.


How does one control the voices in one’s head or the voices from others mouth?



I can’t remember how i got favoured and blessed with the rare power to rise above my insecurities.

I wonder if it was watching shows like RUBY or biggest Loser and seeing people with weight issues trying to loose and gain weight that made me rethink my thoughts about my size.

My shaky voice became nothing compared to being unable to talk,

I realized that even though being vocal comes with disadvantages like people assuming you were the one who could have said it, it also came with people relaying on you for the rare trait of being straight-forward with them.

And Yes! Being optimistic is a good trait and being a pessimist a not-so-good one but being a realist and an opportunist is also equally important and I learnt to be all that and more in different situations.

I also learnt that friends come and go, lovers may leave but love will never cease, and family those people won’t stop being there or loving you no matter how complicated you are.


My forehead gradually became my size,

My mouth became referred to as hot or is it sexy

And nowadays I don’t love a picture if I’m not smiling.

Progressively little miss unattractive became Miss Mako!

I obviously haven’t referred to myself as flat since 2004.


My big feet keeps finding a home in beautiful big shoes and now feels pretty.

And with each passing day all I see are reason to count my blessings.

I’m definitely not as fine as I was as a baby, now I am a very beautiful lady.





Realize this, people may tell you great things about yourself but if you don’t believe it then it doesn’t matter.

Insecurities live in each and every one of us but we have an option to keep it standing around the corner opposite our house or inviting it in and giving it a room, I choose to see beauty in my ashes, I choose to be SECURED. I choose to rise above doubts and pessimism.

I choose to be FLAWLESS.


After all, God saw all that he had made, and behold, it was very good. (Gen 1:31a)


30 comments

  1. love your post!

    http://pupuhoehoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I immediately followed you back on GFC and INSTAGRAM as well! I also wanted to like your FB fan page but couldn't find it :( Please like mine and follow me on insta as well, I will be so happy! <3 Thank you! I wish you a lot of success!

    My Blog: http://renetakanevska.blogspot.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7081543/?claim=jfjwc4zvgyu
    My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/rkanevska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Post :)!!!!

    Want to follow each other on GFC?
    Let me know!

    Greets from the EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post!
    What do you think about supporting each other? We could follow each other's blog via email or GFC and if you want on another socials like twitter twitter or instagram :)

    let me know on my blog
    smiles' avenue
    xoxo
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post, we all have insecurities at some point in our lives but the trick is always to rise above it.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me we all feel insecure at some points in our lives but I always say, its ok to be insecure but do not let it stifle you :). You are beautiful by the way :).. Love your post!
    dressed2dnines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post :) keep writing about stuff like this their very inspiring :)
    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Follow you back and wish you a perfect day!!
    Greets from the EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. Insecurities affect us all though, but we just need to find a way to be confident with ourselves and forget about what people think. - justaise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great , inspiring post!
    thank you for your comment !
    followed you with GFC, waiting for you to do the same!
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi,thanx for ur comment on my blog,,,followed u back! :)
    xoxo
    kriti
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey;

    very nice open heart blog.. but u know what, no one in this world is perfect.. everyone got some kinda insecurities... i got few like im not good in shape, not good looking and more.... i would love to follow u and desperately waiting for ur happyful new blog..

    keep in touch friend..
    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do hun! The key is to turn the insecurity volume on mute in our lives.x

      Delete
  13. Hi i love this post ...
    kisses and hugs
    http://cestlaviecestfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really in Love with your post desola, You said it all. Nice work girl keep it up, You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks babes...i appreciate it.will keep it up.

      Delete
  15. Nice Post Desola, You have indeed said it all. Keep up the good work girl, You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x