BURNT










I do not like domestic work! and that reads like an abomination for an african girl of marriageable age. However, it is what it is.
I'm telling you this, so you finally understand why some of my outfits might look rumpled. Also because something obviously inspired the name of this post and its not the burnt orange background in the pictures.
that is just a coincidence.

I found this jacket in one of my many vintage hauls for the store and immediately fell in love.

I knew it was event appropriate but I now had to look for the appropriate event.
After a few weeks or month I finally found one and decided to straighten the jacket a bit with an iron.
At first touch, it melted nicely from a kiss by the iron and an astonish me went back to thinking on a million reasons why I hate to iron. One of it? Definitely getting your clothes burnt.
I had to cancel the event that day and stayed home because it was so obvious.

The DIY experimentalist in me switched the overlap and changed the buttons and now i have a weird looking but still perfectly beautiful silver jacket, That I would never be able to gift out except if burnt pieces become trendy.

So yes this isn't its real face but its still very much a bad ass Silver Jacket and the length was decent enough for me to wear a wrap skirt under and tastefully show off my thick legs.

I'm wearing a Vintage Jacket from HDHQgoods, a black thrifted sandal and a vintage wrap skirt acessorized with a vintage bag.
I didn't even realise that this is a head to toe Vintage outfit.
All in all I love how mature it looks.

Photography by @mako_od for Makography

Have you ever burnt an outfit you loved? How did you deal with it? do share.
Stay Fabulous.
post signature

7 comments

  1. Beautiful...that jacket regardless is lit ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're total opposites then because I love domestic work. I don't know why, but I do. My favourite part of this outfit is the jacket. I don't think it looks weird at all.
    www.adenowoseyi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool jacket.... Don't wear it again tho... Great posses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big head, bring money naa let me buy another one and I will not wear it again. longest time.x

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit!

    I haven't burnt an outfit I love. Yet.

    My uniform in secondary school was a very pleated skirt that used to get rumpled after a few hours plus a wa hire shirt, waistcoat and blazer. Needless to say, I ironed a whole lot.

    Burnt my uniform a lot though. Probably because of the type of irons we had to use in boarding school. It was a good experience I guess.

    I've learnt how not to burn clothes, the feel of the iron on the cloth when it's about to burn, and how to deal with burnt clothing.

    All in all, not a bad experience then.

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another reason why I love Cakes - because he irons very well. I once burned a shirt dress and literally fell on the floor and started crying!

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God for your inventive...(creative?) nature I would have just cried or sulked when the jacket burnt lol. I love the look....skirt is very risque ;)

    www.vievebutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x