TRIPLE DOSE: WHITE & BLACK (FORMAL)



























It was a very hot afternoon when we decided to come together to shoot a white and black themed triple dose post, I met Unoma of VieveButterfly.com and Belinda of Diaryofafashionenthusiast.com at my blogger's brunch in December for the first time physically.
So when we decided to meet up to shoot, it was a welcomed idea as I was everywhere during my blogger's brunch.

Black and white outfits have been around for ages and a lot of Nigerian churches and restaurants and bars have found their ways of killing it as well, with the ushers, choristers and bartenders uniforms.

So you can imagine how tricky it is when you decide to just wear a white and black look, for me most times I prefer to wear my white shirts on any other bottoms apart from black and my black bottoms below any other tops apart from white.

This mindset brings me to my very first tip and trick for wearing black and white looks, wear white and black pieces in prints.
As you can see, three of us introduced prints, styling this look with one solid piece and prints ranging from black and white stripes to my elephant motif pants.

The secret with wearing black and white is also to have fun and go with a piece that isn't basic
You may have noticed that, I wore my big sleeve black crop top, Unoma wears a long tuxedo jacket and Belinda wears a fitted backless long sleeve top. All of these three pieces are statement pieces so no one is going to stereotype you as a waiter or chorister.

Finally, When you are going formal with Black and white looks, clean the look up with clean minimal accessories.
Like Belinda's cage shoes, Unoma's court shoes or black Cut out statement boots.

With three of us styling each of these looks in our own way, if you look well enough, you will realise that there is a styling approach and tip to slay in your next black and white outfit.

check out what Belinda and Unoma have to say about their looks and outfit details as well on their blogs, they have a post or two up on this collaboration as well.
Watch out for my next post on how we styled this look casually to get more tips as well.

Stay beautiful!!!

Photography by @mako_od for Makography.
I'm wearing:
@dee_mako
Top: Titi Belo
Pants: Old

post signature

8 comments

  1. Love love love! We need to do another collaboration! I had so much fun xx

    www.vievebutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. too much fun.x

      Delete
  2. All 3 combinations are amazing, but the one you wear I love the most :)

    http://fashionconfessions.blogspot.mk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 14, 2016

    White and black always go so well together.. Love how clean all three looks came out. Beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x