DOUBLE FLARES














   
        



And so another week begins, Another Monday starting yet another countdown to the weekend.

I have finally come to accept that Adulthood and Time are enemies. Growing older makes you so caught up in making progress and achieving goals that the time to live or have fun is squeezed somewhere in between a two day weekend that might never happen.

However, even with this knowledge and the possibility that we might be as busy as we are during the week on those two days, we still do not care. We want the weekend everyday just for the choice it offers.

I spent Saturday out wasting away in an all-white party, I had the option of attending a bag making class but the FOMO didn’t allow me take the obviously wiser choice. So I sat still at a boring party and whiled away time but at least the later part of the day was spent bonding over grub and art with my brother.
That was the most leisurely activity i had during this past weekend.

P.s: I want to start utilizing bigger vocabulary in my blog literatures...lol


Late last year, I designed a collection made up of blue hues, denims, scallops and flares.
It was my idea of a basic and classic 2016 wardrobe capsule.

I always knew that I didn’t want to be a clothier i.e a fashion designer.
Accessories and budget fashion have always been my niche, but I still from time to time design and sketch pieces. 
I probably have at least 50 detailed sheets from the past one to two years in my portfolio full of clothes.
I and Titi Belo have known each other for a while now so its was only normal I did this with her.
While going through my ideas and sketches earlier in the year, we talked about collaborating on a capsule collection.
We sourced fabrics, finalized on the best match and chose five of the sketches to work on.
Today’s Top is from the collection and hopefully through the year I would share a few more pieces as we go along.

This top to me is the everywhere top, regular with jeans or short, statements with pants and appropriate for every gathering.

What do you think?
I meant about weekends, growing older and this look?
Don't forget to tell me how your weekend went as well.

Photography by @mako_od for Makography.

Outfit
Top: Deemako X Titibelo
Pants: @Thehdhqv
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bag: Classics

post signature

11 comments

  1. Dee, you look awesome! The sketches are nice and chic. I had a quiet weekend. N shows. No worries.

    I think growing up is a lot of respnsiblities. As grown ups, we are expected to be responsible . . .that in itself is a lot of responsiblities. Phew!

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, i totally agree with the last like, the responsibility to be responsible is a lot of responsibilities.
      qUIET WEEKENDS ARE GOOD FOR REFLECTING. i HOPE YOU DID.X

      Delete
  2. Funny but nice,i love it...you inspire me Dee.
    Empressmicky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chinenye means alot.x

      Delete
  3. This blouse!
    Are you sure you dont wantto do a giveaway Dee?
    You look awesome! with an edge as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might do a giveaway, lol. fingerscrossed. thanks Kunmi.x

      Delete
  4. Dee these images are so beautiful and I wouldn't mind coveting the whole outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Thank you so much. Unfortunately i doubt they will fit. lool.x

      Delete
  5. I really love this look. The flared pants might be a bit much for me but I'm definitely feeling the top. Nicely done.

    I don't even bother going out anymore. These days, I'd rather chill at home with a good book, getting ready for the week ahead than go out (especially with people I don't know). FOMO is basically non-existent to me.

    However, it's good that you went out. Have fun from time to time Dee or else, fast forward three years and you'll be wondering why you never did.

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit and you look grear in all your pictures. I can tell you had fun taking these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x