DIY: POM POM SHOES


With the spiralling increase in exchange rates, buying all the shoes that I want or shopping on Asos is becoming a no no.
I love the pom pom trend, the jeans, shoes,bags and everything pom poms really.
it reminds me of secondary school and calisthenics.
obviously the pom poms differ but the name itself brings so much memories.



I have had this shoes for a while and as you can see from my imprint..lol they are one of my favorites.
Infact they are my everyday shoes.it is super comfy and easy to knock about so DIYing them to change it up a bit was smart.



what you need
  • A pair of heels
  • Pom poms in a variety of colours
  • A strong adhesive
  •  Applicator (for the glue)


STEPS

  • Decide how much pom poms you want and what  you want to cover. It could be the back of your shoes, the buckle strap or the main strap.
  • I decided to cover my main strap without the buckle strap because I can be very impatient with my shoes. 
  • Depending on the adhesive you use, you might need to apply a lot or just a few drops and wait for it to dry a bit before filling it with pom poms or you might need to apply them one after the other. 
  • Since I used Top bond, I applied in large quantity but sections by sections, waiting for it to dry a bit then fixing the pompoms in.
  • You can also decide if you want to arrange the pompoms sparsely or colour after the other. Obviously if you are lazy then sparsely works just fine.
  • Repeat the steps till both shoes are done.
  • Fill in empty spaces with more pompoms.
  • Leave to dry well.




 Voila.

post signature

7 comments

  1. Wow! I love it! That is so nifty and a great way to extend your shoe life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are magnificent, I never really thought of this. Now i'm thinking of the things I can do with thrifted shoes that have potential.
    Thanks Dee!

    http://thriftyandambitious.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty and so neat. I love the pom pom trend also

    OnCedarPlanet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's very easy o! . Dee this is such a great way to revamp my old shoes. I'm so sad Coz I have already thrown some out. Thanks for sharing.

    Www.perezvoguediaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. From basic to bombshell! Pls where did you buy the pom-pom pack and how much?

    www.safoorahspace.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, but how can we purchase the pom pom??

    empressmicky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x