DOUBLE DOSE: VINTAGE INSPIRED








Almost everything these days is inspired by vintage style, we have all come to accept that fashion is recycled but there are a few styles that scream not just vintage fashion but some particular era in the 19th century.
We have neons, pleats, big sleeves, dungarees, bandanas, prints, scarfs, circular and cat eye frames and even victorian style.
when Sarah of Princess Audu reached out to me for a collaboration and she decided on the vintage style, I waded through my wardrobe and decided on using pieces associated to those eras that are still totally rockable these days but still give a vintage feel and vibe.
I'm a 9os, 70s and 40s girl at heart and I love the scarfs, big earrings and big hairs from those days.
I was going for a pan am feel and I kind of like how it turned out.
Sarah who says she loves the vintage fashion because it is unique and affordable decided to style her high waist pant which she says is one of her wardrobe staple.
I love that we both used scarfs to style our looks, and printed scarfs at that. Vintage scarfs are the easiest vintage item to lay your hands on. If your style is more subtle then a scarf can be your touch of vintage
Read more about Sarah's look and get her outfit details on her blog.
What items in your wardrobe are vintage inspired? and what do you love most about vintage fashion?

Outfit
Top,Skirt,Scarf, Sunglasses - Thehdhq vintage
Shoes: Atmosphere
post signature

21 comments

  1. Ayy I love the new look of your blog!
    Great outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look so glam!! I love
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally totally love the blouse and the "John Lennon" kinda glasses. you inspire me a lot.carry on with the good work its really not easy.
    P.S: I prefer the old template, oh well Dee knows best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uhn uhn, thanks baby girl. i appreciate this. not sure I like this theme yet but if i decide to keep it. i'm sure it will grow on you.x

      Delete
  4. Your Vintage shirt is everything, I want! Nice collabo post
    www.ethniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uju, I will think about it.x

      Delete
  5. What's not to love. Great outfits.

    Epiphany29.com
    January Recap - February Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I love vintage too. I really like this outfit!

    www.miralabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my favorite vintage era would be 40's, 50's and 60's. I'm not one for the 80's and 90's baggy clothes.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I totally love both outfits.

    thoniabankz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage style😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage styleπŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should have saved my other comment in my memo oh well, love the new look, It was so hard to comment on the other one.
    Only you can pull off this look and still slay. Love that both of you went with scarfs.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That third picture, the pose. πŸ™…πŸΎπŸ™…πŸΎπŸ’―πŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
  13. Outfit is everything πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ You look so graceful 😊

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x