10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY




Early in our lives, almost everything makes us happy, dancing in the rain, watching cartoon, hanging with friends, eating chicken, going to fast foods and maybe even playing games barefoot.
These days however, it’s not like those things don't still exist but growing up makes those things feel childish and secondary.
It is important to know what is important to you and what makes you happy so today just like I hope you will do; I'm sharing with you 10 things that make me happy.


  •  My family: I must truthfully say that like every family, I don't feel this way every day but no matter where I am in the world when I'm down all I want to do is go home and by home I mean go to wherever my mum and brother are at.
  •   Movies: I wish I started a movie blog, but the problem would be I watch so much crap on TV, from series to serials to feature films to shows and so much, it would be impossible to always give good contents lol. Movies make me happy because for that very second I'm engrossed in the movie, I’m in whatever world they are in, I'm as happy as they are, sad as they are (not necessarily a good thing), adventurous as they are, chasing my own dreams like they are and even finishing their lines. Nothing brings me as much excitement as movies do.
  • Dancing: Not Music, Dancing!!! I never really knew much about music, I played the piano at some point and I like really good music but I'm not engrossed in it like people are, I care not about genres, artistes, producers and even lyrics. Dancing on the other hand is something I do unconsciously, I move my body when I hear a song, I dance in my room even when I'm alone, I learn steps with my brother and even do cultural igbo and calabar dances when I listen to my Christian playlist.
  • Fashion: I don't think it’s on the right position on this list because it's everything I do, its everything I have always wanted and It's everything I have. How won’t the one thing I do flawlessly not make me so happy and so glad? Whether it’s working as a costume designer on a movie set or helping my friends make choices on what to buy or even playing dress up, everything about Fashion makes me happy.
  • Good or Junk Food: I started to really enjoy and savour food sometime in 2009, I started to eat not because I wanted to get stuffed but because I wanted to experience a new feeling and a new level of art and communication. I always say that the best part of any experience whether it's friendship, a new job, a vacation , a travel or life is eating and trying out new meal. Good food literally drops my jaw. Whether it’s Chocolate, shawarma, Marcopolo Chinese, cream slices cake and ice-cream or chicken republic’s chicken and chips or that meal package I bought at the gold souk in dubai, and the chinese near deira city center and the fish in ghana with the green paper that looked like okro, all I need on a bad day is good food.
  • Blogging/ internet: idle minds always wander and wonder, and the thing about wandering is that you start to wonder why you don't have the things others have and that leads to the opposite of happiness. What blogging does for me is it keeps me busy and occupied and just like movies it’s always fun to be caught up in another person’s world.
  • Research: I can research about new or curious things for hours, I start with something as simple as a word and then it leads to a clause and then a sentence and then an essay. Researching and learning new things make me super excited it feels like I'm learning a new skill. I believe reading my bible also falls under Research for me, I like learning new things and finding new promises.
  • Sleep: I guess it’s easy to understand that whatever is adequately refreshing is a good source of happiness. There is no better way to get over a bad day than to sleep and wake up refreshed the next day.
  • Good company: good company is always the right company and with the right kind of company you live in the moment and in the moment there is no sadness, all we get is joy , happiness, hope and the present.
  • GOD: Remembering his promise, reading his word, filled with his spirit, basking in his presence. All this things about God just lifts my spirit and makes me happy. Its no secret that he alone gives everlasting joy and happiness.
Remember to stay Happy, aspire for Joy and live life in Full and in the Moment.
what makes you happy?
thanks for reading.


I'm wearing
Crop Top: The mako 'Heartdictions' shop
Skirt: Tailored
Shoes: River Island
Accessories: Balogun Market

Photography || Jide Kola

8 comments

  1. Love the pictures! Asides God and my family, the Internet really makes me happy.

    Nappyhaired.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. the internet is vast so i can understand why its does.x

      Delete
  2. Interesting how you list looks so much like my list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love researching (not academic though). A new word or phrase cannot pass me by, I just have to know. Types of this or that? The difference between banana and plantain lol. My research can be so random tho...
    lindaosuntade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i luv your crop top,
    nice list

    ReplyDelete
  5. we think alike. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. We almost have the same list and mehn my sleep will be wayy up on that list since it's become a luxury these days!! Love your outfit
    Toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second nappy haired on that one. God, family, friends, fashion, food and the internet make me happy in that order. Although, I suspect fashion is after friends because I don't think it'll look particularly right... lol

    www.MiraLaBelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x