DOUBLE DOSE: SUITED IN STYLE















hey guys!!!

Even though i have been going through an interesting all black outfit phase that you can see in my previous posts.
i decided to spice this week up with an outfit post with colours.

it was so funny deciding on what to name this post I had options ranging from so you think suits are for the ball room, so you want to spice up your suits, wear that suit now, say yes to suit casuals and so many more funny post titles.
Suited in style just seemed like the best theme and title to go with.

Before i go on, i will really like to ask if you own a suit, and if yes, where do you wear it to?
for guys, weddings, meetings, fancy dinners and award shows are great options of places that suits can be rocked to but for females, dresses seem to be the answer to all this above-mentioned events.

i got this suit sometime in 2013, when i was shopping for October 1 (a movie that i worked costumes), and it was after my ex and closest friend at that time had persuaded me that it was a great buy that i decided to get it.
however finding a place or way to style the suit to seemed like an issue, i earlier wore the jacket alone but wearing this look together never seemed to work, it always came up as too dressy.

this look/theme could be said to be inspired by the colour yellow, which is one of my favourite colours and the need to finally rock a suit differently.
Casualizing the suit without the converse would have almost been a mistake, it was the finally kick that was needed to  take this look into the casual state.
 i recently commented on sogie of  diva diariez 's blog how i'm all for the snicker's movement.

you all know how my brother is as creative as i am and he really did inspire the snickers look.
this was such a fun shoot and my brother seems to really be my fave person in the world this days as he really does get it(the fashion, photography and everything in between).

so this is yet another double dose post.
what do you think?
should i keep them coming?
casual suits or not?
what themes would you like us to style?
please let me know in the comments.


we are wearing:
@mako_od
face cap: market
suit: vintage (market)
tag: mide coker
polo: 
snickers: Ajah market

@dee_mako
bandana: market
suit: vintage 
slip: the mako shop (email me)
accessories: market
snickers: Ajah market
xo




15 comments

  1. Love the skirt suit....the colour and fit.
    I'm a little too old for my men to wear suits with Polos and Trainers. Lol
    xx

    www.tomilolaescada.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im all for sneakers but have never really been a suit person. Denim and a blazer works just fine. I once went to work like that for a full month until my boss gave me the talk and I had to switch to girly skirts n heels which was fun for a while. Back in school now so suits are not in my closet. Not sure they will be but let's see what happens when work comes! Love the yellow top.
    Oh can u try the switch up look? U in boyfriend jeans and heels, ur brother in skinny jeans or something less me Tarzan chest thumping look? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Titling a post can be a real hustle sometimes. Lol!! You defo chose the right now. I love this fun editorial post of you guys. Awesome suiting! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha..@all black phase!! Im going through a boyish phase with my outfits. Nice stuff Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys rock!! Esp love your look girl. The blue and yellow is a great combo.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new blog design. You guys look cool and cute.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started wanting to own snickers. Still looking for that awesome pair

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally loving the suit casual thing

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pastel influence! And I really like the material!

    www.thecocopolitan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the colors
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colours...nice playful shoot...x

    www.adeotidaramola.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are your brother are really cool.
    nice shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the playful mix of colors really catchy :)

    http://evainme.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x