DAY 1 || LOVE & BREAKUP - A LETTER TO OREOLUWA


Dear Oreoluwa,
I don't know how you became my cyber husband, but in between our many conversations about travels, seeing a few places, sharing articles, being in the same school and becoming pen pals, I notice when you are not around.
This feels and reads a lot like a proposal and I wonder if I should stop now but what would be the point when I've owed you a letter for the longest time.
I want to tell you  a few things about myself and most especially about how it feels so awesome to have something to write about.
I feel alot like Taylor swift and Adele, because love and breakup as always helped me write and just being able to have something to write about generally is such a blessing.
I'm going to tell you a bit about love and about break up in the next two paragraphs.
Breakup first so you don't end up reading this and feeling down.
*Break ups*
We talk a lot about meeting guys and dating them and just being happy that we found an orange from the scanty fruit tree, we pluck them and claim them not being sure what they will eventually taste like.
we are surrounded by so many people with so many stories, some sweet, some bitter and some bitter sweet.
If you are lucky enough, then you will get the Sweet stories, like how he opens the door for you to enter the way my sister's new boyfriend does even for me. 
Maybe even that he cooks your meals when you are hungry like my friend's lover does for her.
But then if you are so unfortunate, yours may be so bitter that it may include so much infidelity, rage and maybe even violence.
We the others just hope for the bittersweet experiences, hoping that its more sweetness rather than bitterness.
we hope that even if he doesn't open the door for us, he protects us when we need it. and if he doesn't cook for us, he supports us when he needs to.
However no matter which you get, there is the possibility of the fruit gets sour that they have to be let go, the inevitable experience and difficult experience or exercise breakup.
The utual ones are so perfect, both of you fall apart and then stop communicating, there really was never that much love so everything goes fine.
But in the other cases,
Breakups feel exactly the same way you feel about the person, Hard if you love hard and easy if you were indifferent.
We keep wishing that the person is a keeper until we realise that they aren't or they realise we aren't and someone lets go.
The beautiful feeling we once had, claiming them as ours leaves a bitter taste in our mouth.
Having to tell our friends that they dumped us, or we dumped them or we left each other is as sour as being the headliner of a rumour.
If we handle it well and get a hang of ourselves and put our energy into something else, then the result in my case, are beautiful words inspired by all the heartaches in my heart that is yet to decide if I should call you on the 13th or just move on.
*Love*
They have never felt love like I have felt it.
They do not know how you make me feel and why I keep spiralling back to you.
They do not get the way you sometimes look at me and the way you sometimes care for me.
The way you make selfless gestures which shouldn't even matter but matter to me.
I loved you twice and it don't even matter if you loved me not.
Every little time with you just seemed to work,
caring and dressing for you.
Being selflessly happy for you.
I love LOVE.
I wish I had more love,
I hope to experience more love, 
most especially the imperfect kind t
I do not want to curb how I express myself for anyone 
or the way I write my heart for anyone.
I want love..
The kind that gets that my expressions is an extension of myself.
I love love, the very beginning of it,
The expressions of it,
The gentle strokes of my arm,
the gentle caress of my lips,
the gentle perks that come with it
and the bonus good night kisses.
I love Love the entire idea of it
especially if its by someone who knows how to love.
Someone who is constantly listening 
and making an effort to understand.
I love love,
Unfiltered, Unbroken, Unshielded,
I love love,
and maybe even want it too.
(Ore, this would be my rant even if I was speaking, so thank you for reading and maybe even writing me back.)
P.S: I was recently inspired to do a ten day writing challenge so consider this Day one of the 10 days straight challenge.
What are your opinions on Love and Breakups.
P.s: I'm single again.
post signature

1 comment

  1. breakup sucks but it made me more independent minded.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x