DOUBLEDOSE || TWO PERSONAL STYLING APPROACH TO WEARING FRILLS


















Hello There,
Today, I bring you yet another significant and interesting double dose post
Significant because it translates the whole idea of double dose; which is a double take on a trend or theme by I and a fellow style/fashion enthusiast and Interesting because both I and my guest blogger have similar styles (at least that's what I thought/think) but extreme ways of translating the frills theme.


I met Teni Oluwo on instagram, and immediately fell in love with her style so i reached out to her about collaborating on a blog post.
After a couple of DMs, she came up with the frills theme and voila.

Initially, I thought she said fringe and after rummaging my wardrobe and realising that i do not own any fringe outfit, I Dmed her again and then she clarified it was frills.

I decided to go with an all black outfit because of my mood and because for me the frills already did enough in terms of statement.
However, Teni took it a notch higher by styling clashing prints with statement shoulder/ chest frills.
I love this Double dose take so much because of its versatility and because it shows how our styles can be completely different as humans.


I apologize for the picture overload, but it comes with this blog segment.

Teni Oluwo also known as Style_Territory on instagram is a stylist, she describes her style as unpredictable, edgy and slightly men inspired. she consistently wears flat statement shoes which she believes giver her a distinct style.
Talking on fashion, she also shared her believes that fashion is a language with such great power and her style is her way of having a voice and making an impact. It's also the medium through which the core of her creativity is expressed. she refers to her style as her art... saying "If you don't understand it, you probably just did not look deep enough".

When talking about why she chose Frills, she said

" I felt frills would be an effortless way to have fun with fashion and be super edgy at the same time. Frills is such a chic trend. It gives that retro glam vibe whilst maintaining an ultra feminine balance . I like the fact that it can be styled in completely different ways which is evident in this shoot. It's versatility gives it a place amongst trends that would transcend different fashion eras".


Do Contact her on style_territory@yahoo.com and follow her on instagram at @style_territory

what do you think?
Did we do good?



Photography by @mako_od

we are wearing:

@Style_Territory
Top: Style Territory Bespoke
Knitted skirt: Style Territory Bespoke
Monks (Shoes ):  Linzi

@dee_mako
dress: new in
Pants: Titi Belo
(check how i earlier styled it here)
shoes: Balogun Market


post signature

Post a Comment

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x