FEMINISM! BLACKISM & MY OTHER CONCERNS





Feminist, the word I always forget to put in my bios but describes my beliefs. Feminism, a movement that promotes equality amongst the male and female sex.
Blackism, a word that I use to summarize all the movement that promotes being black and proud. From the natural hair movement, melanin movement, the my black is beautiful movement and even the black lives matter movement.

With Your understanding of these words, let's talk about where I stand.
I am undeniably a feminist, a promoter of independent females who depend on no one to do exploits and I am also all about the black movements, I am super comfortable in my skin, I don't plan to bleach and I wear my natural hair however I like it with a lot of pride.

So what are my concerns since I am so undoubtedly in love with this movements?
People!!! Human Beings!!! and their lack of objectivity.

I have been experiencing somewhat of a creative block, with 50 unpublished comments on my drafts you would think it will inspire me to realise that I have some followership and I owe a number of people my utmost consistency, but Nope. I still wasn't motivated to write until a lot of things happened around me that questioned my objectivity and intelligence and brought me right here.
I then realised that this is what I was really looking for, something to write about that was worth my commentary.

In the past week, there has been a celebrity crisis, two album releases and the met gala and these very things have brought me here.

Movements or -isms like I love to call it were created for awareness and for change but it scares me that they have also started to gradually steal away our traditions, values, objectivity and sense of duties.

We have become cyber trolls and bullies because we claim to be fighting for a movement.
the black culture or black society picks on a white girls racist comments and pounds down on her ancestors. proving the white girl's point and that's not okay.

I recently read something that changed how i see my life and  how i follow movements, I hope it changes yours too;
We are born and given names, sex, religion, and beliefs and we spend the rest of our lives justifying them.

As a female, I see so many females buried in the mindset that they are being cheated because they are female and It is probably true most of the time, but some times it also just in our heads.
we are too stuck being females that we forget we are first humans.
we are too stuck being blacks, that we forget that we are first humans.

Being human is hard enough so why wallow in things that shouldn't really define or bother you.
If you are quick to notice racist or sexist comments or actions then you yourself are probably very racist or sexist.

I was reading Mindy Kaling's book recently and she had all this somewhat racist comments about a black senegalese boy that use to pick on her in high school, what humoured me the most was that she included all her thoughts about him.
Mindy is indian and a minority, she didn't even think it was a racist opinion until her editors pointed it out which she stated in the book.
It shows us that we need to get to a point where in the playing field we are just humans, not black or white. should it really matter what colour we are.
I get that our ancestors suffered and that some people are actually quite racist (coughs...donald trump) but it shouldn't define how we live our lives or take compliments or criticism.

For the feminist movement, All hail whoever started it, My best friend, Beyonce Knowles and I are all about it but should feminism destroy the traditions and values that we were brought up with.
Should fighting for equality make us angry or should it liberate us and make us certain?

I choose certainty, Certainty means i believe in myself enough to know that helping my significant other doesn't mean i'm a slave, it doesn't mean i can't voice my opinions.
I also choose certainty in the area where feminism says that I can get promoted at work if I excel above anyone else whether male or female.
I choose feminism when it loudens my voice and when it helps me live a more fulfilling life.

I also alongside feminism choose the values and traditions of God and people before me , the values that recognises that a woman as a lot of role to play in building a family, a nation or a country.
The values that teach us about submission and honour.

Whatever movement appeals to your soul or spirit, don't forget that you have a basic responsibility as a human being as well.
You also have a basic responsibility to God,
Do not be too caught up looking for faults instead of truly living.


According to Lee bladon, The external world defines us by our name, gender, nationality, race, religion, height, weight, role, job, qualifications, etc., but these superficial descriptions are not who we truly are. If we look a little deeper we may describe ourselves in terms of our beliefs, thoughts, mood, emotions, desires, interests, etc. but these things are transient – they change, they evolve, they come and go – they are not constant so they cannot be who we truly are.

If we look back over our entire life we notice that one thing has remained constant over the years – our sense of awareness. Our awareness is the common factor that links our earliest childhood memories to the present day. Our awareness has experienced every event in our life, in a seamless series of present moments. When we sense deeper into our field of awareness we discover that it has qualities, attributes, characteristics and a sense of identity that is far deeper than our personality. This is the essence of who we truly are.

post signature

2 comments

  1. AnonymousMay 05, 2016

    WOW this is totally refreshing to read. Really never understood why some people get hung up about things.....as you said first we are human so live life as full and free as possible. Wishing you a fantastic day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. it is important to let go of unnecessary negativity.

      Delete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x