STYLING || THE "OFF SHOULDER DRESS"










You may or may not know that I have my own line of  'Ready to wear" off shoulder tops and dresses and because I always wear my own items I have been collecting a lot of pieces from my line lately.
This is one of them, I just keep looking for ways to wear and rewear them.
This dress which I styled in a more minimal look in this post has been hanging on my wardrobe door waiting to be reworn and restyled for months now.
The genius of styling your off shoulder tops and dresses with a shirt or sleeveless blouse or top beneath it is one i have explored off this blog times without number.
(do not tell any one about this trick, as you read it here first)
A graphic shirt like this in such a bright and vibrant colour just works so well with this dress I had to share it.
Even the shirt itself has been waiting to be styled and I have knowingly ignored it because it is such an obvious piece to re-wear quickly.
Merging this two items together is just a brilliant and stylish way to solve both my problems.
Check out six ways I styled a similar styled cap dress here as well.


I have been asked to write two articles about Lagos and Fashion by two independent bodies that reached out to me and all of a sudden i start to experience a sort of creative block, i don't know if this is fear or just the lack of inspiration but i need help.
I recently read my post on getting over a creative block here but i still need more tips.
how do you get inspired or better still where do you go to get inspired?
Do let me know.
Outfit
Top - @Thehdhqv
Dress - @Thehdhqv
 Sunglasses - available  @Thehdhqv
Shoes - Misguided
Watch: Swatch
Photo by Joseph Oru
post signature

2 comments

  1. I love the combo because of the yellow giving it a pop. For inspiration, I will suggest you go to a different part of Lagos. Somewhere busy with lots of people. not high end areas. most importantly, let it be an area you are not too familiar with. Remember to take someone with you. I hope this helps. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I absolutely love you. Your creativity is out of this world. Love this, sadly dont have any off shoulder stuff (yet) but once i do am recreating this look.

    For creativity I usually look around me. When am driving and i see a building and i see the colora on the building and how nice they go together that right there gives me a color combination idea. So look around you, dont over think it and it will come to you. And when writing just start writing whatever the rest will flow then you can go back to correct some things.


    SimplyUneeke

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x