GETTING SOCKed IN










There would always be a million and one ways to wear everything you own.
this statement is a fact.
Why do we blog about fashion or our lifestyle if we won't kick beyond the norm and just be happy.
the last time i wore a bright coloured socks on a dress was in 2009/2010 i was going to see a movie with my friend Yoleme.
I wore a grey tailor-made, self-designed dress that was snug and just slightly longer than a mini dress and decided to wear socks in an attempt to keep the cold away from my legs and just have fun playing dress up as we set out to leave school.
I had people talk and mumble as i made my way out of school, some would compliment me but i suspect they laughed real hard as i walked out of sight because most people don't get the unusual but still i didn't care.
I have and always would be comfortable in being every ones Clown and being the experimental dresser.
I don't know if i mentioned that i'm a collector, i'm always buying everything, from jewelry to bags, accessories and shoes let's not even talk of clothes.
I also collect socks, for Christ sake it costs just N100 so whenever a vendor or wheel barrow with socks passes in front of me, i get socked in and i buy as many as i can, a blessing for my brother but a curse for me.
This yellow one i got on my way home from work recently not to wear but to have and then this silver sandal came and i knew socks would be super appropriate with it.
so my collection became a part of my experiment.
and weirdly enough you like it...or maybe you would laugh, and that's fine.
The dress was love at first sight, any outfit that is loose, short and with pockets always get love from me.
the fact that it reminds me of that time i got socked in was also a plus.
What is your favourite thing about this look? do you collect anything? what is it?
do let me know.
Have a great week ahead.
post signature

22 comments

  1. Love it! i havent had the courage to try this shoes with socks look, you make it work so well.

    www.midecoker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you mide, you should definitely try it.x

      Delete
  2. I love it!
    And the heels too

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite thing about this look is the whole look itself!!!

    So retro if you know what I mean. I doubt if I could pull off the socks look but im loving it on you.

    Epiphany29.com
    Life In March. Hello April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Grace. i'm sure you could, just make sure you have fun wearing it.

      Delete
  4. I'm very obsessive so I collect quite a bit... Current obsession is the Zashadu TKO lol... I love socks and shoes something so girly about it. Actually almost ordered a pair of fishnet type ones in January... I think I should revisit that thought.
    This look is relaxed but definitely not boring. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about your Zashadu Obsession..lol. i tried not to get socked in. thanks you Unoma.

      Delete
  5. This outfit is TEW MUCHHH, you look amazing girl, love the colours !

    www.desireeswardrobe.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the lilac dress and the yellow purse and socks, I doubt if I can try the socks on heels thing tho never been a fan. But yeah style is unique and you confidently rock them so it's fine.Keep inspiring we newbies
    P.S You wrote "A" and then "Socks" please edit (My inner grammatical perfectionist typed this)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my favorite thing about the outfit is the dress.

    I used to collect jewelry and t-shirts from different places that I traveled to but somehow stopped over time.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I really do like the dress. Tshirts from places travelled to sounds interesting. maybe i will join the wagon.x

      Delete
  8. Everything is so futuristic, including your hair. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Favourite part is definitely the socks. The dress is really beautiful, there's just something bout it.
    Long time no comment, have not been able to access the comment section with my other phone which sucks.
    Hope you've been good
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sorry about that, thanks for always showing up.x

      Delete
  10. Since I saw this picture on Instagram, I have searched my wardrobe in my head for anything I can wear to achieve a similar look. The socks trend is something I haven't gotten into & I'm seriously thinking about it. Great inspiration Dee.
    wumituase.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wumi, please do remake the look, I will love to see it.x

      Delete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x