DIY: FRAYED HEM JEANS IN TWO MINUTES





I bought this jeans a while back, I actually bought it in two colours but when I got home and tried them on i realised it was a bit short.
I dont like short trousers, if its three quarters then thats fine but that length in between full length and three quarter i have a big problem with so i decided to gift it out.
My friend took the blue and i was left with this pink.
After over a year of it lying fallow in my wardrobe i decided to fray it and it turns out that this my be my favourite new jeans. it is actually perfect now.


Worn, frayed, shredded, fringed denim are a thing right now and it is essential that you add them to your wardrobe. the beautiful part about this Diy is that you can fray and piece of denim whether they are pants, jackets, dresses or skirts.

I wore a frayed hem denim mini skirt in this post and a frayed denim dress here as well.

You need:
  • Jeans
  • scissors
  • sharp object (pin, needles will work)
STEPS
------------------------------------------------------------
  • STEP 1: Cut the hem of your jeans however you like with your scissors.
  • STEP 2: To fray, Use your sharp object (in my case i use the tip of my tail comb) to gently pull the horizontal thread or the weft gently out of the vertical thread or the warp.
  • STEP 3: pull out as much weft as you want to increase the fray at the hem, alternatively you can use your fingers as well to fray it more.
  • STEP 4: I wanted a neat look that i could wear to work so i decided to fray it just a bit
  • STEP 5: Voila! Your new Jeans are here.
view how i wore it here
post signature

12 comments

  1. I've never tried this before but I loved your outfit with the frayed jeans. I would actually do this but I only have one pair of jeans lol
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa, Sarah. Maybe when you get a new one you can fray this present one or try it on a skirt or dress.

      Delete
  2. Nice and simple tutorial. Love the colour of those jeans!

    www.miralabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple a easy...but most of my old jeans are either too old or faded ;(.....sad sturvz. Would have tried this.

    BeautifullyJune Blog 


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even better, I think it will look good on faded jeans.x try it out.x

      Delete
  4. New item added to my Summer DIY list. I'll probably be fraying now than buying frayed jeans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tag me when the DIY is done would love to see.x

      Delete
  5. Nice outfit. Creative.
    www.humanhairnigeria.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them!! Thanks for your comment in my blog, I'll be happy if we start following each other!!

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x