PINKY & THE RED







Happy Monday to you..
How was your weekend? Mine was slightly busy.  my niece was 1 and her parents threw a party for her which i had to be actively involved in, I love playing host so it was easy for me to enjoy myself, which i did very much. Sunday wasn't very eventful but church was good.
Growing older is pretty awesome because whether consciously or not the days that go by come with wisdom and change.
The changes affect everything from the way you talk, react, dress and live in general.
I always say that confidence is one of my strong traits but when it comes to being confident enough to wear certain pieces, age is the one thing that i rely solely upon.
So with my teenage years came the tank tops and shorts and with my 20s have come the subtle need to be flirty, tastefully sexy and more mature in the way i dress.
My style this year continues to bloom in the direction of flirty with off shoulders and monochromatic looks.
Pink and red are two colours that go perfectly well together, enhancing each other. I styled them together two christmases ago in this post.
So deciding  to crown this look with a pop of red was a no brainer.
Its funny that pink looks good on me but still is my worse colour. its just too feminine for my liking.
I realised that no matter your age, this is a not so typical way to wear pink.
Frayed hem jeans and Fringe earrings are two Diys I would be sharing during the course of this week and you can see how both characters make this outfit look untypical.
I'm really loving the frayed hem trend as it has helped me convert all my jeans that seem a bit short and unflattering to jeans with characters like this pink one.
Also when i wrote the trend report post on the 16 trends to try this year, i didn't just mention the fringe and off shoulder trends, I promised to show you how to style them in your day to day life and share Diys as well.
so this is me delivering.
Have a great week ahead and make sure to check for the Diy updates.
Before you go, whats your favourite colour? which one of the trends in my forecast have you tried? which one are you loving? and lastly, what has growing older really affected in your life?
Outfit
Earrings & Jeans : DIY
Top - available @Thehdhqv
 Sunglasses - available  @Thehdhqv
Shoes - New in 
post signature

11 comments

  1. I love how parents throw parties for one year old even though the kids won't remember it. I laugh at my silly face in all my baby birthday pictures now.
    Your outfit is impeccable and love the pink and red them!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeee!!!!!!!!!!! share the DIY's with us please....The earring specifically... :)

    www.vievebutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red and pink are two colors I always shy away from, I'm more of a dark side chick, but you really do pull it off well so thumbs up!
    Frayed hems? That's something I might try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of Pink and red before but I'm sure that's cos I'm not a fan of red. Love the outfit though.

    Epiphany29.com
    Kimono Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair! So cute! Love the pink and red combo, epic! Also, can wait for the DIY's #anticipation

    www.miralabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The earrings!!!

    Gawsh, I remember my off-shoulder peasant top days. I was almost addicted *hides face*

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought pink and red went well together until you wore it...because WOAH. You are stunning! I am completely in love with your outfit! The shoes! Oh the shoes!

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the frayed hems, and pink looks so good on you. The pop of red works and I still recall your last red an pink look.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shoe Dee
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes pink & red looks great.
    Favorite color is black.
    Your skin looks lush! Ahan show us the way.

    bookiekunlere.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen to pink being too feminine! I always try to avoid it but there are still some pieces in pink that are too cute to pass up. My fav colour is purple although it's still feminine but more subtle than pink. Your shoes are gorgeous.
    wumituase.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x