DIY: FRINGE EARRINGS








HELLO!!!


You need:
  • Tassel Curtain Trimmings (got mine from Tejuosho market)
  • Earring wire hook (i.e the piece that hangs from your ear; I recycled pieces from my broken earrings)
  • jump rings or connectors (i.e the ring shaped piece; also recycled)
  • Gem clips or any long pin
  • sharp scissors
  • small plier

How to:
  1. First, Decide which tassel on the trimming you want to use, mine came with two different designs and i had done one earlier so i chose the other design for this tutorial.
  2. Cut a pair out. Make sure that you cut it carefully leaving some of the thread in the hoop used to attach the whole tassel to the band. 
  3. Carefully substitute the loose thread hanging from the hoop with a long pin (i used a straightened office pin in my case), this can be skipped if you can carefully achieve step 4 with the short thread still in the hoop.
  4. With the office pin or thread still in the hoop, pass the jump ring or connector gently into the hoop and then the earring hook as well.
  5. Close the connector with your teeth like in my case or a plier. 
  6. And voila.
  7. you have your new tassel earring.


This tassel earring DIY is a fun and easy piece. I like that just like I did, you can do it with items off your accessories box, you can skip step 3 to 5 by using round earring clasps like i have in the flat lay if the hoop is wide enough. In my case the hoop was too narrow so it didn't pass through so i went with the longer option.


I have worn and worn my earrings a lot since i did them and they are durable and safe.Also investing in a yard of tassel this period is perfect as you could join me as i explore the remaining tassels as time goes on. I think it was about 600Naira per yard but please don't quote me.
post signature

7 comments

  1. All of you who have a flare for DIY. Well done. The earrings are nice.

    Epiphany29.com
    Cheesy Pick Up Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out nicely!
    Welldone Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this DIY! They look so elegant and expensive you wouldn't even know ! Definitely gonna give them a try x

    www.yolantarosetta.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been waiting on this post like! Love it! Thought you actually made the tassel. I couldn't find already pre-made tassels so I made mine (in my tassel pendant DIY).

    Great post!

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea, I never would have guessed that these earrings are a DIY. great tutorial it's easy and straight to the point, nicely done.
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. You'd have to do this in front of me for me to get a hang of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and easy to do. I miss making jewelry.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x