DAY 10 || NO SUCH WORD AS SETTLING

 It feels like everyone’s flashing rings, gushing about how she can’t wait to spend the “rest of her life” with so-and-so, and musing about most livable cities and meaningful baby names. In my head, I’m screaming. I ricochet between wondering when I fell so far behind — and why everyone else is in such a hurry to settle. " Don't Call Me a Late Bloomer by Malia Griggs
So this is a story, lol, more like a social commentary and it was inspired by the above post by Jennifer  of JenniferAbah.com

Maybe they aren't settling, maybe we are just unlucky or even so maybe we haven't just met our so and so who would make us talk about baby names and livable cities, and who knows maybe there isn't even such a thing as settling! or maybe there is.
(were the words i found myself typing on Jen's page on instagram 5days ago)


Have you ever wondered, what would be if there wasn't such a word as settling?

Well, I have!
This is my mid-twenties and have spent most of my twenty-something years trying to figure out adulthood. Obviously there are a couple of lists /standards the society as made for us.
  • Relationships - Love - Proposal - wedding - Marriage -kids
  • School - More school - Job - Career - Salary - Riches - Wealth
What would you do better or different if there isn't such a word as settling, how would we view things.
Would we be bold enough to say I feel bad she met someone who loves her and who she loves and even though that's not the best I believe she can do I'm glad they found each other unlike us single people.
Is the word settling just an acceptable word for disgruntled people to justify their unhappiness or their loneliness.
I do understand that some people have embraced singlehood and are cool being their own loves, but we were tailored to be loved by others so i'm sure deep down a lot of us want it and are patiently waiting for it.

Forget the word settling for a second, and think about who you could have been dating, where you could have atleast been working and making some money.
I'm not saying don't aim high or don't want more.
In fact that's all i'm about, I'm waiting for a better guy, my best option and looking forward to a bigger salary at a more fulfilling job but while i'm here searching, I will also be taking up responsibilities that I can on my way and making beneficial decisions that people might not understand.

Like Titi said, A lot of our mother's might have appeared to settle but some just made the right calculation and decided that giving their kids a few years of their life might and would lead to a better future for them.

Erase the word settling from your mind for a while, what will you do different and how would you see the situations around you?
Positivity starts with being truthful with yourself.


This is the tenth post from my writing project and i just want to say thank you for following through, to view the previous 9 posts,
read below.

Also view the next post for my new project!
love you.
post signature

Post a Comment

Your comments keeps me going...
I love to hear from you, read your comments and I would love to check up on you and bond as well, so drop your info.
Thanks for stopping by.
You can Email your other enquiries to Makodesola@gmail.com
x